ICT Support Technician
KSG-eLDi has an opening for short term appointment as an ICT Assistant for a period of three (3) months with a possibility of extension as maybe required. The position will provide technical support and assistance to end users of computer infrastructure and especially assist the technical team delivering the IFMIS program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specifically, the ICT Support Technician shall:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Assist in configuration of network IP addresses and maintenance of systems to ensure efficiency
- Support IFMIS system used for training various modules.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users that include but not limited to computer hardware, software, cabling, printers and network
- Provide technical support to staff on computer programmes, packages, and applications.
- Recommend upgrades, hardware and software deployment and computer disposal and assist in maintaining network and system security.
- Identify user needs from time to time while ensuring they are resolved.
- Maintain integrity of the network, data, server deployment and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the Institute’s LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Resolve reported problems as soon as possible but definitely within the time frame set by the priority level and close the call as soon as the problem has been resolved to the satisfaction of the user.
- Participate in ICT projects that are implemented by the ICT team, including the roll-out of new applications and equipment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent.
- Excellent computer application skills
- At least one (1) year working experience as an ICT Support Technician.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to multi-task, monitor and follow-up on pending matters to meet deadlines under minimum supervision.
- Applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
Kenya School of Government,-eLearning and Development Institute
Lower Kabete Road
P.O. Box 30627-00100