Privacy StatementOctober 25, 2022 2023-02-06 8:01
Data Privacy Statement
The Kenya School of Government is committed to safeguarding any information collected online. This statement explains the information we collect, reasons for collecting the information, how we collect the information, the length of time we keep the information and security of the information. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of this website.
The Information We Collect
When creating an account on our Participants’ Portal, you will provide personal details such as Surname, Other Names, ID/Passport Number, Gender, Email, Telephone/Mobile Number, Nationality and Home County. Additional information that will be required when applying for our courses will include your KRA Personal Identification Number (PIN), Highest Level of Education, Details of Next of Kin, Designation and Job Group.
Company information on training, company profiles, which may include employee profiles.
Application for a vacancy, will require that you provide personal details including Name, Email, Telephone Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Country of Residence, Education, Work Experience and References who may be referred to as third parties providing information about the applicant.
Additional information we collect is through images and videos that are captured by officials of the School.
Reasons for Collecting the Information
- Information collected from the Participants’ Portal is used to process course applications. If your application is successful, we will use the information to issue you with a pro-forma invoice and an admission letter.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- The information collected from advertised vacancies is used in the recruitment and selection process for the position you applied for. If shortlisted, we will use your personal data to invite you for an interview. Further, if appointed, we will use the data provided to prepare an offer letter and a contract.
- Fulfilment of tender documentation as required by the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority 2015 (PPRA 2015).
- Images and videos are used to showcase activities of the School; programs, workshops, conferences, and team building activities among others.
- We may use collected information to update you on information about KSG and for follow up on processes of the school as required.
How we collect the information
We have an online Participants’ Portal that is used to capture details of participants when registering and applying for our courses.
Information required for advertised vacancies is captured using an online form.
Information for tender documents is collected though an online provided from or through hard copies collected from the school.
Images and videos that are captured by officials of the school.
Length of time we keep the information.
- The personal data that you share with us will be retained for as long as reasonably necessary for purposes of processing your course application.
- The data may also be retained to ascertain participation and completion of courses you have attended.
- Data such as images and videos that will be captured by officials of the school, will solely be for KSG’s use; on our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) and the website.
- Company data for the tendering processes will be stored or archived as long as reasonably necessary.
Security of the information
We have put in place all the necessary measures to ensure that your data is secure as required by law (Data Protection Act 2018), in line with industry standards (ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System) and in accordance with information security policies set by KSG.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
We may store some information on your computer (using “cookies”) to make your user experience better and easier for subsequent visits to our website. The type of information gathered is non-personal such as the date and time of your visit, the pages browsed and whether the pages were loaded successfully.