Access to informationNovember 8, 2022 2024-01-15 15:10
Access to information
Access to Information refers to the right of individuals to seek, receive, and impart information that is held by public bodies or government institutions. Access to Information laws and policies are often put in place to ensure transparency, accountability, and the protection of citizens’ right to know.
The provisions in the Constitution of Kenya guarantees that every citizen has the right of access to information held by the State or its agents either in the civil or public service; and information held by another person required for the exercise or protection of any right or fundamental freedom..
As such, the Kenya School of Government complies with this requirement by providing information that clients seek within the law, ensuring that the public can obtain relevant information held by the School. A procedure and contacts for Access to Information has been provided for this function.
Procedure for Access to Information
- The client sends a request for Access to Information through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The client request is recorded
- The Access to Information officer shall acknowledge receipt and advise the client on how to access the said information.
- In case the information requested needs to be transferred to a different public institution, the transfer shall be made promptly and communication made to the applicant.
- If the information sought is confidential, the applicant shall sign the confidentiality form before being allowed to access the information.
- Communication on application fees, mode of payment, how to access the information and the right to appeal to the CAJ if not satisfied shall promptly be made to the applicant.
- Upon payment of the applicable fees, the applicant shall be allowed to access the requested information.
We are committed to providing services in a fair, transparent, accountable, timely, and efficient manner. Any service that does not conform to the standards of this procedure should be reported to:
Commission on Administrative Justice
West End Towers, 2nd Flr, Waiyaki Way, Westlands
Tel: (254-20) 2270000