Centres of ExcellenceFebruary 2, 2023 2023-11-06 9:57
Centres of Excellence
The School is required to conduct research whose aim is to:
- Inform development or review of policy
- Provide evidence-based solution to existing problems
- Enhance innovation
- Advanced epistemology and freedom
The Centre for Research and Advanced Training is responsible for the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of the research agenda
- Oversee the application of research policy and procedures
- Serve as the primary point of contact for research activities
- Facilitate capacity development in research
- Coordinate convening of seminars, workshops, conferences, and symposia for dissemination of research findings
- Operationalize the KSG Press
- Roll out the KSG Journal
- Oversee mobilization and prudent use of research funds
- Apply the School Quality Management System and Standards on research
- Serve as a convener of KSG Research and Publications Committee
- Maintain records of research activities
Premier Centre of Excellence in the promotion of best practices in leadership, governance, and public policy
To build the capacity of leaders, policymakers, and institutions for the social transformation and economic development of Kenya.
The School provides expert consultancy services to government institutions to assist in capacity building in a variety of fields. In order to continue providing quality and impactful consultancy services in a coordinated manner, the School established a dedicated Centre for Advanced Training and Consultancy services.
The Center aims to be a catalyst for consultancy opportunities by establishing itself as a one-stop center for providing information and resources and assisting the Faculty in the provision of consultancy services, knowledge transfers, and commercialization activities. KSG seeks to position the School as the preferred choice in the industry for consulting and sector-based training areas of expertise.
The Centre has highly skilled consultants who possesses creative business knowledge, intellectual capital; focus on excellence and experience to develop innovative solutions for our clients. In addition, the team has a strong local and regional orientation coupled with a hands-on approach.
The School has strengthened the Centre to enable it to respond effectively, efficiently, and on time to the Consultancy needs of our clients without compromising on both quality and content by:
- Developing and implementing Consultancy Guidelines that aim at promoting professionalism, ethical standards, quality and timeliness while undertaking consultancy assignments
- Deploying staff to manage consultancy assignments
- Building capacity of staff to deliver consultancy assignments; and
- Fostering and sustaining collaboration and partnerships
Areas of Consultancy
The Centre offers diversified streams of consultancy services that span multiple thematic areas locally, regionally, and internationally as shown below:
- Executive Recruitment
- Organizational Re-engineering and Culture change
- Competency-Based Assessment
- Development of Strategic Plans and Development Plans
- Performance Management
- Board Induction and Evaluation
- Design, Development, and Implementation of E-learning Programs
- Job evaluation and development of job descriptions
- Collective Bargaining
The Future of Consultancy Services
KSG is a key player in actualization of the public service transformation agenda and will seek to provide up to date innovative thinking and experience from a wide variety of sectors to deliver the best solutions for our clients. This is in recognition that all consultancies want to ensure they are achieving the very best of outcomes and value for money for every client.
The School will continually invest in its human capital with structured, professional development to ensure best practice, up to date thinking to ensure consistent quality.
The demands placed upon the School in providing high quality training, consultancy and research services to promote sustained national development , and transform the standards of competence and integrity in the public service at the national and county levels call for a highly focused Centre of Excellence on Public Finance Management.
The Centre of Public Finance Management is therefore, envisioned as a world class intellectual hub that complements, facilitates and augments the core competencies of the School and this will better position the School to deliver its national mandate.
The Centre provides learning and development of programs to:
- Build capacity for the public service;
- Provide training, consultancy and policy research services that inform public policy;
- Promote national development and instill high standards of competence and integrity in the public service;
- Establish superior professional networks and linkages with renowned schools of government and international centres of learning across the world that will benefit the people of the Republic of Kenya;
- Provide competency support to:
- Board members on matters of oversight, and good governance;
- CEOs of State Corporations on matters of development and execution of long-term strategies and implementation of policies;
- Staff of State Corporations on matters relating to prudent resource utilization, accountability, Public Service values and ethics.
The Centre’s programs are categorized into the following broad thematic areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Public Finance
- Public Procurement
- Public Investment
The Centre rolls out programs that facilitate better comprehension of leadership and pave way for the uptake of appropriate interventions to improve governance standards which in turn help to improve delivery of public services to Kenyans.
Admission into some programs is subject to fulfillment of course prerequisites
Training dates for all programs can be scheduled as per the client request and venue preference. Specific dates are available on the calendars.
Enrolment in all training programs is now open. For more information, you may get in touch with us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre for Public Service Values, Ethics and Integrity was established in 2016 by KSG in Compliance with Government Executive Order No. 6 of March 20, 2015 on Ethics and Integrity in the Public Service, in which the Head of State observed the following:
“Corruption and its networks have acted as constraints to the desire of my administration to deliver effective public services, services are critical to the realization of our stated agenda to transform Kenya to a middle-income country by 2030”
The mandate of the Centre is to build capacity on corruption reduction education, national values, integrity and ethical standards in Kenya to all public servants. This is towards the Governments’ its fight against corruption and creation of a fit for purpose, enlightened public service.
The Centre has the following roles:
- Capacity building on Integrity, Ethics and Public Leadership
- Provision of advisory services to government in form of policy papers, occasional papers, and discussion
- Provision of consultancy services
- Advocacy and outreach services
Excellence in Public Service Capacity Development in Environmental Governance and Climate Change
To offer training, conduct research, provide consultancy and advisory services to build the capacity of public service in environmental governance and climate change
Objectives of the Centre for Environmental Governance and Climate Change
The Centre will be responsible for undertaking and coordinating activities and programs for the realization of national and international development agenda on matters to do with the environment. Specifically, the Centre will:
- Deliver training programs to enhance knowledge, skills, competencies, and behavior change in environmental management.
- Undertake research activities to support evidence-based policy formulation and decision-making by government institutions and agencies on environmental governance and climate change.
- Promote outreach programs to enhance community awareness and public participation in environmental management.
- Offer consultancy and advisory services to support the implementation of environmental management programs and climate actions.
- Offer technical support to government institutions and agencies in undertaking environmental activities such as environmental audits and
- To generate new knowledge and develop innovative solutions to environmental challenges