TrainingJuly 17, 2023 2023-07-24 7:05
- The School appreciates the important role that every public servant has to play in order to realize Government goals and therefore has placed on offer competency development programs for all levels and categories of public officials, from lowest ranking officers to the highest. The programs cater also to public servants in Government ministries, state corporations, constitutional commissions, the Judiciary, legislature, and County Governments. Trainees from the private sector, non-Governmental organizations and foreign countries are also welcome at the School.
- The trainees attend the programs in the five KSG campuses at Baringo, Embu, Lower Kabete, Matuga and Mombasa. Online programs that are coordinated by the e-Learning and Development Institute are also available to participants.
- Training activities may be conducted at the clients work station or any other preferred venue.
- Public servants attending KSG programs are usually either newly appointed or serving officers with considerable experience in their fields of professional practice. The calibre of faculty and trainers at the School are therefore distinguished professionals with appropriate knowledge, training, and above all, rich practical experience in Public sector leadership and management. Trainees graduating from KSG are sufficiently prepared to serve consistent with established professional standards.
- The School has reviewed some of the old programs and introduced new syllabi intended to address existing shortfalls in competency of public servants and in service delivery. Training programs may also be custom-made upon request to meet specialized requirements of individual public institutions.
- Admission into the programs is subject to fulfilment of course prerequisites.
- The COVID-19 pandemic in Kenya and around the world has challenged the School into placing more and more programs on the e-learning platform, including programs that focus on the competency of health workers engaged in the fight against the pandemic and frontline officers in other professions.
- Consultation with the Ministry of Health has resulted in establishment of measures that enhance health and safety of course participants.
- Training dates for all programs may be as far as possible scheduled to suit client convenience.
- Enrolment in all training programs is open.