Profile of the center
The Center for Public Service Values, Ethics and Integrity was created in November 2016 in response to H. E. the President’s concern that “the public service has fallen far short of the demands of the constitutions and the expectations of Kenyans with regard service delivery.The President noted that there were complaints from citizens of blatant breaches of ethical standards, instances of pilferage and outright theft involving civil servants, state and public officers and ordered that all public servants be made accountable as they provided service to Kenyans. In this light, the School formed the Center to develop the capacity of public servants in order to ensure that they gave citizens service with integrity.
- Professional Standards and Values in the Public Service
- Regional Ethical Leadership and Governance Program
- Top management training on ethics, values and Integrity
- Ethics, Values and Integrity Program for Supervisors and Technical Officers;
- Ethics, Values and Integrity Program for non-management cadres