The School is seeks to maintain the tradition of continually responding to the human capacity needs of the public service through training needs inquiries and assessment. In this regard, it has been established that the demand for graduate training to meet higher-level competency needs as well the Public Service Commission requirement for the Masters qualification as a prerequisite for career advancement at higher levels are two factors that make the introduction of a Center for Advanced Training and Research.
Further, Research is one of the three main functions of the School. The function is indeed integral part of the training programs offered by the School. The main focus of this function is to establish the capacity building gaps in the public service and subsequently develop capacity building content and strategies that form the basis for the School’s training programs. The centerwill liaise with and support of the entire KSG institutional infrastructure in implementing and undertaking research. With the expanded research infrastructure, growing capacity of faculty, and a culture of interdisciplinary and collaborative endeavors, KSG can seek to double its research productivity and assert pre-eminence in the global arena.
sight of administrative fiscal functions of the center
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Earned PhD in Public Administration or any related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Public Sector at a senior position
- Strong report writing skills is essential
- Demonstrate ability to undertake Research
- Published at least 4 papers in related area in a refereed journal
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret reports and contract
Strong correspondence skills
- Very strong computer skills
- Demonstrate ability to verify relevant data and information for business decision
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities
|GOVERNANCE, POLICY AND STRATEGIC PLANNING PROGRAMMES|